LOA: 49' (14.9 m) Beam: 15' (4.6 m) Draft: Min 4'7" (1.4 m)
Hull #153 of the DeFever 49 foot Cockpit Motor Yacht (DeFever 49 CPMY) series was built by POCTA, or “Pacific Ocean Countries Trading Association.” POCTA is a Taiwan based company that has been building boats for several decades. Their production facilities are on mainland China, in the city of Suzhou, just west of Shanghai. POCTA has had a long relationship with Arthur DeFever the boat’s designer.
The DeFever 49 CPMY followed the very popular DeFever 44. The most noticeable change is the addition of a 5’cockpit to the stern of the DeFever 44, and therefore the DeFever 49 CPMY is often referred to as the DeFever 44 + 5.
Commissioned in 2005 the first owners name Hull #153, Tracey Ann. The second owners renamed her Eagle’s Nest.
Her mechanical equipment list includes:
- 2 X 135 hp Perkins Sabre 6-cylinder, in-line, naturally aspirated, main engines.
- 2 X ZF 45-1 gearboxes
- Dual Racor 500FG main engine fuel filters with selector valve and vacuum gauges
- Oil change system for mains and generator
- Hynautic hydraulic throttle and engine transmission controls
- Capilano hydraulic steering system
- Glendinning engine synchronizer system
- Flowscan system
- Naiad stabilizers with Multisea II controller
- 2" stainless steel shafts with PYC dripless shaft seals
- 26" X 20" props with Spurs line cutters
- Sealand Vacuflush blackwater system with Tankwatch 4 level monitor
- Sealand 20 gallon hot water heater with heat exchanger
- MarineAir 3-zone a/c system with reverse cycle heat and digital thermostats controls
- Central vacuum system
- Sea Recovery Aqua Whisper 600 gpd watermaker
One unique feature on Motivator is that from the factory she was equipped with two generators in hush boxes, a 12.5 kW and a 5.0 kW. Aside from having a backup, we have found that we are able to charge batteries, run one zone of the air conditioning, and cook on the small generator. When we need to do more such as wash clothes and run more than one zone of A/C, we use the big generator.
While Motivator has a steering station both in the saloon and on the fly deck, we mostly use the fly deck because the visibility is so great from the fly deck. The electronics on Motivator includes:
- Furuno Navnet VX2 system on flybridge and lower helm with 4 kW Radar, autopilot, chart plotter, depth sounder and fish finder with a redundant sounder
- Argonaut computer w/Nobeltec VNS and monitor with a redundant Samsung monitor at lower helm
- AIS Class A & B receive only
- 2 X furno GPS antennas
- Icom M-602 VHF at lower helm
- Icom Commandmic on flybridge
- KVH Tracphone F33 sat phone system
- XM WxWorks
- Ritchie Powerdamp magnetic compass at lower helm and on flybridge
- Intercom system
- Alarm system
The aftdeck is enclosed with canvas, Isinglass and screens.
Full beam master stateroom is located aft and includes a queen berth, port lights, transom hatches, desk, hanging lockers and storage cabinets.
Both the guest and master quarters includes an ensuite head with separate showers.
Galley equipment includes:
- Seaward Princess electric stove with Ceran glass 3-burner cooktop
- Broan trash compactor
- Tundra AC/DC 8 cu. ft. refrigerator/freezer
- Tundra AC/DC 2.0 cu. ft. freezer
- Amana Radar range microwave oven
- Double stainless steel sink
- U-Line icemaker
- Corian countertops
came equipped with
a davit rated for 1,000 lb.
We regularly test the davit’s capacity by lifting aboard our 850 lb, 12’ AB DLX dingy with 40 hp Yamaha.
For information about other DeFever designs visit DeFever Cruisers.